As promised, here’s a second spinach recipe you’ve probably never tried, Sautéed Parmesan Pesto Spinach. I ate this for breakfast one morning, which was only a little bit weird. However, I think the next time I make this, it’ll be as a side dish with some kind of grilled chicken breast. The amount of flavor this recipe has really surprised me.
Did you know the average farmer is about 57 years old?
- 20 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sauté olive oil, garlic and pesto in stock pot until garlic just starts to brown and oil is heated, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach leaves. Continue stirring until leaves just start to wilt, about a minute. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.