I’m in graduate school, and some days I have the appetite of a middle school student. If I’m studying or I’ve just had a long day in class, I wish my mom could be there to make a snack for me, but making these Pizza Crisps are the next best thing. The last time I made these was during a study session, and my study buddy loved them. It’s a simple snack any student will love but a healthy alternative to processed frozen pizza snacks. The cheese is gooey and mild. The pepperoni is flavorful without the grease. And the sandwich thins make a perfect crust. If I’m eating these for a snack, I just have one half. However, I’ve made these for lunch, and I usually eat both halves and add spinach for a more filling meal.
Did you know that 49 percent of the U.S. milk supply goes to cheese?
- 1 multi-grain sandwich thin
- 12 pieces of turkey pepperoni
- 2-3 ounces Havarti cheese
- Preheat oven broiler on high setting. Split sandwich thin into two halves. Thinly slice the Havarti cheese.
- Cover each sandwich thin with Havarti cheese and top with pepperoni. Place on cookie sheet and put into oven.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts and sandwich thins are starting to toast on the edges. Serve immediately.