My dad smoked our turkey this Thanksgiving and sent me home with a bunch of leftovers. I’ve been eating a lot of turkey this week, and I made this quick Leftover Turkey Spinach Salad for lunch a few days ago. Sometimes I love a complicated salad with a ton of ingredients, flavors and textures. However, it’s also nice to have a fresh, crisp salad that’s easy to make. The tartness of the olives balances the crisp sweetness of the vinegar. It’s so good I don’t miss my usual ranch dressing at all.
Did you know Arkansas farmers raise more than 24 million turkeys each year?
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 ounces turkey breast, cooked and shredded
- 5 green olives
- Olive oil, to taste
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse baby spinach, dry on paper towels and place on a large plate.
- Warm turkey breast in skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or in microwave set on high for 30 seconds.
- Top spinach with turkey breast and olives. Drizzle desired amount of olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top. Then, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.