I whipped up a quick Halloween inspired dish this week you can make for the school parties, work functions and church events with just a few minutes and three ingredients. These Halloween Rice Crispy Treats are orange but taste the same as traditional Rice Crispy Treats. I used the orange, pumpkin shaped marshmallows to make them more festive. When melting the butter, brown it just a little before adding the marshmallows, it makes the flavor so much better. I can eat this entire pan! If you’re really feeling adventurous, you can add some candy corn or other mix-ins.
Did you know Arkansas farmers produce close to 50 percent of the nation’s rice?
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces regular marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- Any additional mix-ins
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Continue cooking butter for about a minute. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat. Add Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with a thin layer of butter or oil. Cool and cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.