I’ve gotten in a bad habit of using box mix brownies. It really hurts me to admit it. This week I said no more! I whipped out my cocoa powder and made a pan of Fudgy Brownies. Some people like brownies that almost have the texture of cake, not me. I like the thick, fudgy, tender brownie that sticks to your ribs. These brownies were perfect! I highly suggest making them as soon as possible.
Did you know that wheat used to make flour is planted in the fall and harvested in the spring?
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees. Grease an 8×8 square pan or line with aluminum foil.
- Combine butter, sugar, cocoa and salt in a medium, microwave safe, bowl. Microwave for about 1 minute or until the butter has melted. Carefully stir the mixture to combine and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in vanilla. Add eggs one and a time stirring vigorously after each egg. Add the flour and stir to combine. Beat vigorously for about a minute. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly and serve.