Remember the Fried Pickles recipe I shared last week? Well, I converted it to a Fried Chicken Strip recipe sure to please the whole family. It’s pretty simple to make. If you visit Taste Arkansas often, you probably know I’m a huge fan of Cavender’s Greek Seasoning. So, it’s my go-to for this type of recipe. If you prefer a different seasoning mix, don’t be afraid to substitute it.
Did you know that Springdale, Arkansas is home to Tyson Foods, the largest poultry processor in the United States?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cavender’s Greek Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 pound chicken breast strips, raw
- vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
- Honey mustard, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, Cavender’s and cayenne pepper. In another bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Blot chicken strips with paper towels to remove moisture. Coat strips with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture; coat again with flour mixture.
- Meanwhile, in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Fry chicken strips, about three at a time depending on your pan size, for 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with honey mustard if desired.