Here’s another great pot roast recipe we received. Try it, and see what you think. Let us know.
- 1 boneless beef chuck shoulder, arm or blade pot roast (2 ½ to 4 pounds)
- 1 ½ teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- prepared cornbread or corn muffins
- Press chili powder evenly onto all surfaces of beef pot roast. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place pot roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
- Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 3 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Return liquid to stockpot; bring to a boil. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2 cups.
- Carve roast into thin slices; top with sauce. Serve with cornbread.
One tablespoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce may be substituted for chili powder. Rub peppers evenly onto all surfaces of roast as above.