I love an easy recipe I can throw together after a long day. This Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowl is an easy, one-bowl dish that will satisfy the whole family. I really like teriyaki sauce. I marinade steaks in it, add it to hamburgers, use it in homemade barbeque sauces, dip chicken in it and more. It’s great when I find recipes that include ingredients I already love. The best part about this dish is it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. Next time you’re having a crazy week, instead of picking up Chinese at the drive through, give this recipe a try.
Did you know Arkansas ranks number one nationally in rice production? The state’s producers grow primarily long grain rice but also some medium and short grain rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- ½ cup bottled teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1-1/2 cups carrots shredded
- 1 cup edamame, shelled and thawed
- 1 cup broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, stirring constantly until cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in teriyaki sauce, water, carrots, edamame and broccoli. Bring to boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve over brown or white rice.
Cook your chicken.
Add all the vegetables, sauce and water. Cook until sauce thickens.
Serve over cooked rice. It’s really easy.