I love a good slow-cooker meal this time of year, and this recipe for Cheesy Chicken and Rice is one of my favorites. It’s incredibly simple, cooks while you’re at work and is a real crowd pleaser. It’s so nice to come home to a warm meal at the end of a long day. Next time you’re running out of things to make, give this one a try. Serve it with some mixed vegetables for a well-rounded meal.
Did you know that Arkansas farmers primarily grow long grain rice?
- 1 (8-ounce box) Zatarain’s Yellow Rice, cooked according to package
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce can) cream of chicken soup
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken into slow cooker and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle chopped onions on top of the chicken.
- Mix together the chicken stock and cream of chicken soup. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Before serving, shred chicken with two forks and add cooked rice and cheese. Mix until cheese is melted. Serve warm.