This week has been so busy. It seems like the week after you get back from vacation is the absolute worst. Last Thursday my friend Marissa made a few of our friends and I a delicious meal of Baked Penne. It is similar to Baked Ziti, but with penne pasta instead. I was a little surprised by the spinach addition, but it added a really nice dimension without being too much. I would still call this recipe kid friendly even if they don’t like spinach. I hope your week was more relaxed than mine was!
Did you know that most of Arkansas’ turkey farmers are concentrated in the northwest and north central sections of the state?
- 1 lb penne, cooked until al dente and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 26-ounce jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 bag fresh spinach, optional
- In a large skillet brown turkey and onion over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce and spinach. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9×13 baking dish and layer the ingredients as follows: ½ of the penne, provolone cheese, greek yogurt, ½ sauce mixture, remaining penne, ½ mozzarella cheese, remaining sauce mixture and top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Serve immediately.