If you follow Taste Arkansas, you know I love small finger foods. These Bacon & Cheddar Pigs in a Blanket are no exception. These were my favorite food as a child and I still love them as an adult. I used maple bacon in this recipe and it added a level of flavor that made these pigs in a blanket even better than usual. If you’re looking for a kid-friendly and adult-loved party food, this is it.
Did you know that Arkansas farmers raise more than 1.8 million pigs each year?
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 package little smokies sausages
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, sliced into small chunks
- 2-4 strips of bacon, cooked
- Preheat oven according to crescent dough instructions. Unroll crescent dough and press seams to seal. Slice lengthwise to make long strips, then cut crosswise to make more strips.
- Make a small slice into each sausage and stuff with cheese. Place on crescent dough strip with a small piece of bacon and roll. Repeat until all strips of dough are used.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake according to crescent package instructions. Serve immediately.