Gooey Butter Cake BarsJun 18, 13
These Gooey Butter Cake Bars are heavenly. I only make them for a crowd, otherwise I’ll eat half the pan myself. Everyone loves this. The bars are soft, slightly gooey and have a perfect cake batter and sweet cream cheese flavor. If you’re looking to wow a crowd, bring this to your next party.
Did you know that the average age of a farmer in Arkansas is 57?
- 1 box Betty Crocker French Vanilla Cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 lb. bag (about 3-3/4 cups) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg until a soft dough forms. Press into the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a stand mixer, combine together the cream cheese, two eggs, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over the cake mix layer.
- Bake bars for 45 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and the center has set to a soft consistency. Cool completely before slicing and serving.