Beer Cheese DipAug 26, 13
I’ve found the perfect tailgating recipe, Beer Cheese Dip. It’s creamy and flavorful with a slight kick. It doesn’t taste like beer, so don’t be afraid to try it if you aren’t a beer fan. The beer just adds a multidimensional flavor. This Beer Cheese Dip will definitely be a staple for all of my tailgate and football watch parties.
Did you know Arkansas farmers produce more than 17 million gallons of milk each year?
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup ale or darker beer
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard, such as Colman’s
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Blue corn chips for serving
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk and beer, increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the mustard, Worcestershire and hot sauce and cook, whisking occasionally, until the mixture begins to thicken, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Working in batches, add the cheese in large handfuls, whisking until each batch has completely melted before adding more. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.