At Arkansas Farm Bureau’s Taste Arkansas, we love our state, our farmers, producers, craftsmen and companies, and want to tell you all about them. Here is a little help in finding that perfect gift that says “Arkansas” for all the special people on your list. This season, we challenge you all to have an “Arkansas gifts only” holiday season.
Arkansas Food Gift Ideas
- Ally’s Jelly (Hope) Homemade fig preserves, pear preserves, muscadine and Ally-peno (Jalapeno) jellies.
- Arkansaw Hog Sauce– Award-winning sauce available online. (Harrison)
- Burge’s: Known for smoked turkeys delivered to your door, but you can also get hams, ducks, and chickens. Yes, I said ducks. (Lewisville and Little Rock)
- Cavender’s Greek Seasoning would round out a cook’s gift basket (Harrison).
- Fresh produce and goodies with a subscription to Farm Box Delivers (Lowell).
- A hefty supply of Fischer’s Honey along with recipes (North Little Rock).
- Premium olive oils and vinegars from Fresh Harvest (Eureka Springs).
- Grower’s Gift Spaghetti Sauce LOCALLY produced spaghetti sauce made with Bradley County pink tomatoes, jarred by the University of Arkansas’s food science and benefits the Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance. (Little Rock)
- Honeysuckle Lane Dairy is Arkansas’s only certified raw milk cheese plant located in Romance, AR. Owned and operated by three generations of family.
- Jams, jellies, preserves, salsas and other goodies from House of Webster (Rogers).
- The iconic and perfect holiday snack: J and M Cheese Straws (Little Rock). No Southern Christmas is complete without cheese straws.
- Kent Walker Artisan Cheese Delicious handmade cheese from All Arkansas Ingredients (Little Rock)
- Lambrecht Gourmet If you have stayed at the Capitol Hotel, you have enjoyed their chocolate-covered toffee. They ship! (Little Rock) On my list, please Santa!
- Mason Creek Farm Pasture-raised pigs from Yorkshire and Tamworth stock from a Fayetteville farm. Order brats, cheeks, chops and more online.
- McClard’s BBQ Sauce An Arkansas treasure. Oh, a delicious treasure.
- Monk Sauce Hot sauce from the Abby. Don’t forget their delicious Abby Brittle.
- Mountain Valley Spring Water & Coffee, including gift sets with coffee pots or subscriptions.
- My Brother’s Salsa Amazing flavors like Black Bean and Corn, Cranberry Orange, Tomatillo and Fire Roasted from Helen’s Kitchen. (Rogers)
- Ozark hickory-smoked ham, bacon and sausage from Petit Jean Meats (Morrilton).
- Goodies from Two Dumb Dames, Martin Greer’s Candies (Eureka Springs), Juanita’s Candy Kitchen (Arkadelphia).
- Ratchford Farms Elk and buffalo, mailed to you frozen in roasts, steaks, sausages or ground meat. (Marshall)
- Celebrate Arkansas’ grain: pair a Riceland gift basket with a hunger-defying donation to the Arkansas Rice Depot. Check out Riceland’s new online store for rice, rice mixes, rice bran oil, rice gift sets. Largest millers of rice in the WORLD, in Stuttgart, AR.
- Stubby’s BBQ Sauce A Hot Springs landmark since 1952. They ship! (Central Avenue, Hot Springs)
- Suzanne’s Fruit Farm Blackberry syrup, peach butter, Doubleberry spread, blackberry syrup and more from the farm. (Hampton)
- Flours, grains, mixes and much more from War Eagle Mill (Rogers).
- An ice cream accessory basket with the last-minute addition of Yarnell’s Ice Cream (Searcy).
- A subscription for monthly coffees or teas from Airship Coffee (Bentonville).
- An Ale Trail passport (Fayetteville)
- Samplers of Arkansas craft beers – a complete list of Arkansas breweries here.
- Home brewing supplies (wine and beer) from The Home Brewery (Fayetteville).
- Arkansas Lightning, gin, vodka and other goodies from Rock Town Distillery (Little Rock). Highly recommend Arkansas Lightning Apple Pie, fa-la-la-la
- A day in the tasting rooms or a sampling of Arkansas wines
Arkansas Goods & Wares
- Southern Girl Soapery Handmade soaps inspired by the traditions, stories, and scents of the South. My order was shipped within the hour that I placed my order. Husbands, order from here for your wives now!
- Eggshell Kitchen Company Arkansas gift haven. Cookbooks, cookware, wonderful array of Arkansas products and more, in store or online. (Little Rock) One of my favorites!
- Darlings Fine Things (Newport) I bought the cutest shirt from them when they had their Delta Darling Airstream at the World Championship Duck Calling Contest in Stutgartt a few weeks ago.
- A Daisy or Red Ryder BB gun, air rifle or slingshot from the Daisy Museum (Rogers). Don’t shoot your eye out.
- Country Outfitter They love boots and the country lifestyle (just like me!) I have two great pairs of boots from Country Outfitter. You can never have too many pairs of boots.
- Handmade leather and selvedge denim wares from American Native Goods (Fayetteville).Two brothers who make things the traditional way – by hand and heart with attention to quality. Amazing craftsmen.
- Gorgeous candles and home fragrance items from Aromatique (Heber Springs).
- Authentic Southern gifts from Bourbon & Boots (Little Rock). The word Y’all comes up a lot.
- Euna Mae’s Heirloom Kitchen & Home Goods (Springdale) Euna Mae’s is a unique, kitchen-y boutique full of goods that stir up memories and inspire you to make more! Tableware, bakeware, serveware, & gifts. (Springdale)
- Package your Arkansas gift in a Gibson basket (Farmington). Fourth generation basket maker.
- Gifts of Arkansas Impressive selection of specialty Arkansas food and gift items.
- A photography session with Hatch & Maas Collective (Fayetteville), .
- Rasps, graters or kitchen tool gift sets from Microplane (Russellville).
- Beautiful works by local artisans at Poor Richard’s Art (Rogers) and all over Eureka Springs!
- Perry/Munn Pottery Resident potters at the Ozark Folk Center.
- Handcrafted goods and artist supplies from Perrodin Supply Company (Fayetteville)
- Paul Michael Co. Great home decor. So many wonderful gifts, one of my favorites are his cutting boards Made in Lake Village, AR.
- Christian T-shirts from 12th Apostle in NWA
- James + James Hand-crafted Furniture and Accessories
- Sharp objects from the renowned A. G. Russell Knives (Lowell).
Arkansan’s Etsy Shops
- Junque Rethunque’s Vintage and Repurposed Goodies
- Ahoy Friend’s Handwoven Upcycled Fabric Baskets
- Sarah Shotts NWA
- Beth Macre Art & Clay
- Joy Elizabeth’s Ceramics
- Bella Vita’s Jewelry
- Gingiber’s Prints and Bags & Tea Towels
- Hank Kaminsky’s Sculpture & Jewelry
- Roll & Tumble Press Prints
- Ms. Art Teacher Lady’s Artwork
- Flora & Fauna Jewelry
- Big Bot Shirts & Prints
- Myrhh’s Jewelry
- A Quiet Curiosity’s Jewelry
- Arch & Craft’s Jewelry and Decor
- Ozark Mountain Mama’s Upcycled Baby Clothes
- Arkie Style’s Razorback Goodies
- Natalie Creates Handmade Accessories
- Mosaic Butterfly’s Broken China Art
Books & Magazines
- Arkansas Pie: A Delicious Slice of the Natural State, Classic Eateries of the Ozarks and Arkansas River Valley, Classic Eateries of the Arkansas Delta Kat Robinson
- A Homemade Year by Jerusalem Jackson Greer
- A set of books by famous Arkansas authors such as Maya Angelou or John Grisham.
- Subscription to Arkansas Life Magazine
- Subscription to At Home in Arkansas Magazine
- Subscription to Edible Ozarkansas Magazine
- Subscription to Oxford American Magazine
- Reporting Live from the Laundry Pile Gwen Rockwood
- Visit Quigley’s Castle, the strangest dwelling in the Ozark (Eureka Springs).
- A day at the zoo plus a visit to the Statehouse Museum and Museum of Discovery, among others (Little Rock).
- Arkansas State Park gift certificates for inexpensive getaways at 52 parks ranging from a stay in a yurt at Petit Jean State Park to the unique history of Historic Washington State Park.
- Membership to the Mid America Science Museum (Hot Springs).
- A glimpse of the wild in northwest Arkansas: Wild Wilderness Drive-Through Safari (Gentry) and Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge (Eureka Springs).
- An arts gift certificate to the Walton Arts Center (Fayetteville), the Rep (Little Rock) or another Arkansas arts organization.
- A dinner theater experience at Murry’s Dinner Playhouse currently presenting Don’t Dress for Dinner (Little Rock) or the Rogers Little Theater currently presenting A Christmas Story (Rogers).
- A membership to Garvan Woodland Gardens (Hot Springs) or the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks (Fayetteville).
- Combine a membership and/or special exhibit at Crystal Bridges with a dining experience at Eleven and a gift certificate to the museum store.
*Note: this list is by no means exhaustive. What great things from Arkansas would you add? Please share your in the comments section to make this list even better, and feel free to share links to Arkansas products.
Merry Christmas, The Park WifeStephanie, aka The Park Wife, is a tribe builder. She is the founder of Arkansas Women Bloggers (ARWB), an online community designed to gather, grow, and connect social media influencers in our state. Considered an old-timer in the blog world, since 2005 she has written what she hopes is a love letter to her children on her lifestyle blog, The Park Wife. Raised in the debutante world of Mississippi, she married a hunky park ranger and moved to Arkansas 15 years ago and has fallen in love with the state. She loves gardening, porch swings, a beautifully set table, a delicious meal surrounded by great conversations, their cabin in the woods and monograming everything that is not nailed down. She is a devoted wife and fun-loving, homeschool mom to two extraordinarily cool little gentlemen and is fortunate enough to live on one of Arkansas’s premier state parks.
Thanks to my friend The Food Adventuress who had some input on the list.